No need to introduce Amazon, the number 1 e-commerce site in the world. When we talk about Amazon, we first think of this huge marketplace that sells almost every possible and imaginable product to individuals. Good news: Amazon is not limited to individuals. Indeed, since 2018, the American giant has been launching in France Amazon Business, its B2B offer. What is it really about? Why is it interesting for sellers and buyers? How do you create an account? Does it pay? Is there a Prime subscription? All the answers to your questions about Amazon Business can be found in this article.
What is Amazon Business?
Amazon Business is just the Amazon’s sales platform for professionals. Amazon’s goal was therefore to capitalize all its experience with online sales and put it at the service of professionals.
What is the difference between Amazon and Amazon Business?
The big difference, of course, is the audience: Amazon sells to individuals, while Amazon Business sells to professionals. But it’s not the only one. Indeed, as on many platforms that sell to professionals, you can take advantage of: discounts when buying quantitywhich is of course not possible as an individual.
Sellers can also show prices excluding VAT, as we work on B2B. We will also find a quote system on Amazon Business, for special requests. You can also take advantage of a dashboard designed for professionals to navigate your way around your sales or accounting.
Why use Amazon Business? The 7 Benefits of Amazon’s B2B Platform for Your Business
The benefits for professionals who sell
- Professional Audience on Amazon: You can take advantage of Amazon’s reputation and immense visibility while selling to professionals.
- Possible to sell services
- Automatic VAT invoicing
- Professional interface for tracking sales
The benefits for professionals who buy
- Discounts on quantity purchases
- Prime shipping still available (as is free shipping)
- Push purchasing management tools
A few questions about Amazon Business
How do I access and create an Amazon Business account?
If you don’t sell on Amazon at all (individually or professionally), you need to register. All you have to do is go to their site and create an account. This operation is free and thus allows you to: enjoy the products like a pro or sell to professionals.
Unlike, if you already sell on Amazon, especially for individuals, you don’t need to create an Amazon Business account. Indeed, this service is already accessible from your classic Amazon Seller account. If you then want to sell, read further in the article how.
Does Amazon Business Pay?
If you already have a presence on Amazon to sell to individuals, we can say that switching to Amazon Business is not necessarily paying. In fact, whether you’re selling to individuals or professionals, the operation is similar: it gives you a merchant account. Obtaining this account is not free. The price is 39 € per month and it allows you to sell on Amazon and Amazon Business.
Then you also need subject to the various fees charged by Amazon to its sellers. As for retail sales, the cost will be higher if you sell in FBA (shipped by Amazon) because you entrust them with the logistics of your products. others additional costs may add if you want to take advantage of Amazon’s advertising space, for example.
Finally, if we turn to buyers instead, registration for Amazon Business is free. However, they will also be able to take advantage of a Prime account, other than that of individuals.
What is Amazon Business Prime? And what are the prices?
As on the “classic” version of Amazon, Amazon Business has a Prime subscription that offers several benefits in exchange for a regular payment.
We all find the same points in common with the classic Prime, such as the delivery within 1 working day for example. In addition to fast delivery, you can even schedule this. Secure Business Premiumcan you enjoy theAmazon spend visibility to study your spending and improve your budget decision-making process. In the same style you can use theAmazon guided buying, to define purchasing restrictions for certain categories, for example. Finally, Amazon Business American Express card subscribers can choose to receive 1% of the amount of their order or pay 90 days after the order is shipped.
There are different levels of Prime Business, there are even 5 to be exact:
- Duo (available with classic Prime otherwise €25 per year excl. VAT): limited to 1 user and without Amazon Spend Visibility and Amazon Guided Buying.
- Base (€50 per year excl. VAT): 3 users
- Small (€150 per year excl. VAT): 10 users
- Medium (€350 per year excl. VAT): 100 users
- Unlimited (3000 € per year excluding VAT): more than 100 users
How to Sell on Amazon Business? The process to follow
The process you need to follow to sell on Amazon Business is very similar to what you can see on “classic” Amazon. Here are the few steps you need to follow to start selling on the platform:
- Create a seller account from their site. If you already sell to individuals on Amazon, you can already access Amazon Business from your interface. However, if you’re new, you’ll need to subscribe to a classic Seller Subscription ($39 HT per month), as we explained earlier.
- If you don’t already have a business account on Amazon, you need enter the classic account creation information (name, email, etc.). Amazon will also subject you to the submit a verification form to authenticate you and your business. To validate the registration, you must then: wait for Amazon to validate this information.
- Now that your account has been created, you need to go to your Seller Central to start selling. The first thing to do isimport your products into Amazon.
- Before you sell anything, you should also: Register for Amazon’s Tax Calculation Service. So the platform takes care of all that on the invoices.
- It will then be necessary configure your products. Of course we need a . to define correct price and quantity discounts for professionals. The product sheets will also have to be optimizedwith functional descriptions of qualities and enhanced content (known as “A+”) to help your potential customers make the right choice (comparison, advanced technical sheet, user manual, etc.).
- You only need send your orders to your customers. If you don’t feel like all the logistical aspects, it is possible to enroll in the FBA (fulfilled by Amazon) program. This means that you simply send your products to Amazon, which then takes care of the logistics.
Amazon Business thus represents potential for companies looking to expand their customer base on Amazon or, conversely, stock themselves in quantities with discounts. All you need to do is get started. Don’t hesitate to consult our complete guide to selling on Amazon to continue.