The Council of Ministers met today Thursday 02 June 2022, in the usual deliberation, chaired by His Excellency, Mr MOHAMED BAZOUM, President of the Republic, President of the Council of Ministers.
After considering the items on the agenda, the Council took the following decisions:
- IN THE TITLE OF THE MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND RENEWABLE ENERGY.
The Council of Ministers has draft decree on the organization of the Ministry of Energy and Renewable Energies.
- IN THE TITLE OF THE MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM.
The Council of Ministers has draft decree on the organization of the Ministry of Petroleum.
The above two draft decisions (02) are intended to organize the aforementioned ministries.
Indeed, after the ministerial reshuffle of April 23, 2022, the Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Renewable Energies was split into two ministries, namely the Ministry of Energy and Renewable Energies and the Ministry of Petroleum.
III. IN THE TITLE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE.
The Council of Ministers has draft decision amending and supplementing Decision No 2021-327/PRN/MF of 13 May 2021 on the organization of the Ministry of Finance.
The law governing the allocation, composition, organization and functioning of the Court of Auditors provides in Article 158: “At the Court of Auditors, an accounting post is created under the direction of the Treasurer of the Court of Auditors.
The conditions for its operation are determined by regulations.
The purpose of this draft decree is to take into account the creation of the above item in the organizational chart of the Ministry of Finance.
- IN THE TITLE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE FIGHT AGAINST DESERT.
The Council of Ministers has draft decision amending decision No 2021-161/PRN/MESU/DD of 05 March 2021, laying down the procedures for the management of products and activities that pollute or adversely affect the environment and the corresponding compensation.
Decree No. 2021-161/PRN/MESU/DD of 05 March 2021, laying down the procedures for the management of products and activities that pollute or adversely affect the environment and fixing the corresponding compensation, provides in Article 25, the payment of a fee for the control of chemicals, hazardous waste and activities that pollute or degrade the environment.
This draft decree reduces the rate of this fee in order to reduce the cost of certain consumer products that are affected by the payment of this fee.
- PERSONAL MEASUREMENTS.
The Council of Ministers has adopted the following individual measures:
IN THE TITLE OF THE CABINET OF THE Prime Minister
- · Man Issoufou Adamoulecturer in public law, has been appointed executive secretary of the Public Procurement Regulations Service.
IN THE TITLE OF THE MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND RENEWABLE ENERGY
- · Man Mahaman Bachir Boubacariis appointed Director of Financial Resources and Materials.
IN THE TITLE OF THE MINISTRY OF CULTURE, TOURISM AND CRAFT
- · Man Dan Ladi AdamouCultural Heritage Manager, Mle 50882/S, is appointed as Inspector of Services.
- · Man Aboukar Abba Tchelloulecturer, Mle 132468/U, is appointed director of tourism.
- · Man Mother Ibrahim Guidalecturer, Mle 62934/X, is appointed director of culture.
- · Man Sadou Abdou Hamanicteacher, Mle 67869/Y, has been appointed director of the promotion of art education and the formation of cultural professions.
- · Mrs Harietou MaigamoProfessor of Cultural Activities, Mle 57781/X, has been appointed Director of Infrastructure and School and Cultural Equipment.
- · Man Nouhou Makeri DaweyeStatistical Works Engineer, Mle 112089/X, has been appointed Director of Archives, Information, Documentation, Public Relations, IT and Digitization.
IN THE TITLE OF THE MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY AND YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- · Mrs Oumarou Hadjaratou Sadouhuman resources manager, Mle 67001/S, is appointed director of human resources.
- · Mrs Oumarou Nana MariamaChief Inspector of the Treasury, Mle 116515/J, has been appointed Director of Finance, Equipment, Government Procurement and Public Service Delegations.
IN THE TITLE OF THE MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM
- · Man Zouberou Maazouis appointed Secretary General of the Ministry of Petroleum.
- · Man Abubacar Issamechanical engineer, Mle 140242/X, has been appointed Deputy Secretary General of the Ministry of Petroleum.
- · Man Issa Maidagicindustrial engineer, Mle 164029/N, has been appointed technical advisor to the Minister of Petroleum.
- · Man Mahamadou Abarafinancial accountant, Mle 134831/P, is appointed technical advisor to the Minister of Petroleum.
- · Man hamani BoubeGeneral Engineer of Public Works and Mines, Mle 82690/C, is appointed Technical Adviser to the Minister of Petroleum.
- · Man Zakari Oumarou Kabiroua petrochemical engineer, is appointed general manager of Hydrocarbons.
- · Man Mahaman KarimounPrincipal Treasury Inspector, Mle 116986/T, is appointed Director of Financial Resources and Materials.
IN THE TITLE OF THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE
- · Man Mahaman Inoussa Adamouis appointed technical advisor to the Minister of Justice, Seal Keeper, to replace Mr. Moumouni Hamidou†
- · Man Souleymane Ideais appointed as technical advisor to the Minister of Justice, Seal Keeper.
IN THE TITLE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- Doctor Karidio Idrissalecturer-researcher at the Faculty of Educational Sciences of the Djibo Hamani University of Tahoua, has been appointed director of certifications and accreditations.
The Council of Ministers has heard eight (08) announcements.
1) a communication from Minister of Higher Education and Research concerning the 39th meeting of the Council of Ministers of the African and Malagasy Council for Higher Education (CAMES), held from 23 to 27 May 2022 in Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of Congo).
During this session, our compatriot Professor Ali Doumma was elected director of programs 1.
2) a communication from Minister of Transport regarding the 68th Session of the Committee of Ministers of the Aviation Safety Agency in Africa and Madagascar (ASECNA), to be held in Niamey on 29 July 2022.
3) two (02) messages from Minister of National Education †
– the first communication is made after the tragic death of a teacher from Guidan Alami School, Primary Inspection of Baban Katami, Bouza Department, Tahoua Region.
– the second communication relates to the UNICEF technical assistance agreement for the Niger-LIRE (Learning Improvement for Results in Education) project, concluded by a direct contract for the purchase and installation of emergency classes in equipped tents for 440 walkway centers.
The amount of this Agreement is five million six hundred and thirty-four thousand nine hundred and seventy-four (5,634,974) United States dollars, ie three billion ninety-nine million two hundred thirty-five thousand seven hundred (3,099,235 700) CFA Francs, with an execution period of one year.
4) two (02) communications from the Minister of Environment and the Fight Against Desertification:
– the first communication relates to the preparations for the National Tree Day, edition 2022, of which the Tillabéri region will host the official ceremonies on August 3, 2022;
– the second communication relates to the organization of a National Forum on Fighting Forest Fires to be held in Niamey on 13-14 June 2022.
5) a communication from Minister of Health, Population and Social Affairs on the sanitary requirements for the Hajj and Umrah edition 2022.
6) a joint statement from minister from trade and Minister of Petroleum related to the fraudulent exploitation of fuel and speculation with prices at the pump.
As the agenda was exhausted, His Excellency the President of the Republic closed the meeting.
Done at Niamey, 02 Jun 2022
The Secretary General from the government