May 10, 2022 by Jordane Rommevaux
Park of the house of the school of Roville-aux-Chênes.
© Patrice Greff
The school of Roville-aux-Chênes opens its doors on Saturday, May 14, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., to propose to the general public the various courses offered by the School of Horticulture and Landscape, as well as advice to visitors for the preparing their gardens, or selling in greenhouses and nurseries, while taking advantage of the many activities, demonstrations and exhibitions organized by the students.
After two years in which the open doors of the School of Horticulture and Landscape of Roville-aux-Chênes were canceled due to the pandemic, the 2022 edition has just been confirmed by the school, which will therefore be able to open its doors to the general public on Saturday May 14.
The opportunity for everyone to discover the different courses offered, but also to prepare their future garden, to meet the young people during their activities, or to discover the many changes in the landscape of the school!
While the environment is central to our society, the School of Horticulture and Landscape of Roville-aux-Chênes has been training young people since 1942 in the professions of nature and living environment. With 80 years of experience it has grown and welcomes teenagers from 4and under school status or by apprentice, but also adults seeking a diploma or professional retraining!
On Saturday 14 May, the teaching teams will be present to provide information about each of the courses:
- at 4e Nature and 3e agricultural
- in 2nde General and technological
- In Bac Technosciences and Technologies of Agronomy and Life Sciences
- In Landscaping (CAPa, BP, BPA, Bac Pro, BTSA, License)
- In floristry (CAP, BP, BTM, BM)
- In horticulture, floriculture, tree nursery and nursery (CAPa, Bac Pro, BP, BTSA)
- In environment (Bac Pro, BTSA)
- For sale in pet stores and garden centers (Bac Pro, BTSA)
In recent years, the school has undertaken numerous activities to better accommodate the students. On the Lycée side, the new facilities will come as a surprise to those who haven’t come for a few years. A new building now houses the administrative offices, a boarding school for young students, as well as new classrooms, a new in vitro laboratory and a completely renovated animal educational facility. You can also discover a new nursery, more functional but also more ecological.
The CFA must not be left behind: the exterior is being refurbished, based on plans by student landscapers. Although unfinished, these works already reveal the future kiosk, the outdoor relaxation area for students or the future green outdoor amphitheater. Also worth a visit: the completely renovated florist’s rooms, or the new technical shed intended for practical training for gardeners.
Animations by young students
During the Open Days, many activities will be organized by young people and their trainers, both at the Lycée, in the Pupil Training Center and in the Vocational Training Center to discover these courses or simply enjoy the enchanting setting of the establishment.
- The florists will make decorations on the 3 sites, on the theme of “Holi, the festival of colors”
- Interns in BPA Landscaping Works will create decorations in the Vocational Training Center
- Agricultural machines are presented in the Lycée park
- Landscape demonstrations will take place at the Lycée and the CFA, in the presence of the 2 French WorldSkills champions Kerrian Blaise and Louis Lecler
- Flower art demonstrations take place in the practice rooms of the CFA
- Pruning demonstrations will be performed at the Lycée
- Students go with you to the boarding schools, but also to the animal facility (with feeding sessions), the shelter greenhouse or the in vitro laboratory
- Exhibitions are created by our students (artistic photos, in vitro laboratory, etc.)
- In the orchard you can discover the berry garden made by the interns
- Games (“who is it”, “basketball kick” …) or workshops plant recognition will be open to everyone
- Companies will be present in a special room to discuss their job, but also to recruit their future interns, apprentices or employees.
Marc Biry, mid-mountain guide teacher, will offer a guided walk of 2.7 km in the middle of nature, with no significant difference in height and therefore accessible for all levels. And for those who don’t want to walk, there is an hourly shuttle from the school.
Finally, for gardeners, it is an opportunity to take advantage of these open days to buy agricultural products (seedlings, plants, vegetables, flower arrangements, etc.) or even aromatic herbs offered by students.
Open days of the School of Horticulture and Landscape of Roville-aux-Chênes
Saturday, May 14 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On-site catering available (soda bar, snack bar or self-sufficient agri-local menu for €10).
Info: 03 29 65 11 04 or email@example.com
Information: make an appointment on site or in advance on the website https://ecole-de-roville.reservio.com