11 start-ups and companies will be selected as part of the Impact China 2021 program led by Bpifrance and Business France. Objective: to accelerate their deployment in China. On Monday, July 19, 2021, the names of the participants and details of the support program were revealed. Tech and Cleantech are in the spotlight of this new edition.
A 100% digital edition
The aim is to help start-ups better identify and subsequently confirm business opportunities in China, especially through appointments. Due to the health context, the program has been redesigned for this fifth year. To start with, this 2021 edition is 100% digital. An obligation because of the restrictions on access to Chinese territory. And it also wants to be more modular “to respond even better to the characteristics and ambitions of each of the supported companies”, explains Bpifrance.
A first boot camp took place to make the start-ups aware of the challenges of industrial property, interculturality, legal issues, specific communication tools for the Chinese market or the specificities of human resources management. Startups can then test their development strategy by meeting with previously identified prospects.
“The Impact program is designed to enable companies to respond to the challenges of the Chinese market and to accelerate their development in this high-potential market, through this year a digital program to meet the challenges of the health situation. to go”Eric Morand, director of Business France’s Tech & Services division, said in a press release. In total, since the launch of this program, 60% of the start-ups involved have established themselves in China less than 6 months after their participation.
The 11 selected start-ups
- Medical world: the e-learning platform is aimed at medical and paramedical training institutes and hospital groups so that students and teams can master English in their work.
- CopSonic & Chitec (in Asia) : develops a proximity communication technology that enables secure exchange of information by means of ultrasound through the loudspeakers and microphones of all electronic devices (PCs/notebooks, tablets, smartphones, voice assistants, kiosks and Smart TVs). This solution is intended to complement or alternatively to those of QRCode, NFC, BLE or biometrics.
- Eco-Tech ceramics: the engineering firm for industrial ecology has designed a heat accumulator, the Eco-Stock, which captures, stores and recovers high-temperature waste heat by releasing it in the form of hot air, warm water, or even converting it into cold or electricity.
- Gaussin: the engineering firm designs, assembles and sells innovative products and services in the field of transport and logistics
- geodes: creates, develops and publishes mobile entertainment applications focused on the world of gemstones and jewelry, such as Cœur de Gem and Dazzly.
- Afterwards: the start-up supports OEMs, airlines and pilot training centers with a unique software suite that provides objective human factors data for pilot training, design and certification.
- IoTize: the company provides manufacturers with a comprehensive, turnkey solution for obtaining functionality for controlling electronic systems from a mobile phone using wireless interfaces (NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LoRa, etc.).
- Chrono-safe: the French software publisher specializes in the design and validation of complex critical real-time embedded systems.
- mirSense: the start-up specializes in solutions based on QCL (Quantum Cascade Laser) lasers for the defense and industrial/environmental markets.
- Nexedi: specialty in publishing free software for the business market (ERP, Cloud, Big Data, vRAN). For example, the Rapid.Space software provides powerful virtual servers, a cross-border CDN, a data hub as a service for Industry 4.0, and 5G vRAN for private mobile networks.
- Spin-Ion Technologies: is developing a manufacturing process that increases the storage density of digital memories tenfold and reduces power consumption, all with a concern for eco-responsibility.